Send us an e-mail please: giantpengy@yahoo.com

Sunday, April 1, 2012

A New Era Begins 4/1/2012!!!

I've been bitching and moaning in an entertaining fashion about pop culture for 4 years now on the pages of Giant Electric Penguin and, frankly, I've grown tired of the whole endeavor. I'm 33-years-old, for Crom's sake. All that snark? Sheesh. And apparently I can't even type a sentence without shoehorning some nerdy reference into it. I hate me sometimes.

Anyway, in the word's of Michael Joseph Jackson, I'm gonna make a change, hee-hee. From this moment forward, Giant Electric Penguin is turning its back on the Snookis and Situations of the world and focusing solely on silly cat pictures, like this one:

And this one:
And this one:
There aren't enough silly cat picture sits on the internet, so, I'm throwing my hat into the ring. I wish I could say these last 4 years have been fun, but they haven't. All of the terrible television I've watched. All of the awful movies I've subjected myself to. All of the horrible, horrible music I've shared with my readers. And don't even get me started on my extremely unpopular The Most Horrific Thing I've Read This Week series. Did you know I once included a story about a woman chopping her infant in half with a samurai sword? What's wrong with me?

So, tell your friends the good news: Giant Electric Penguin is a funny cat picture site now, safe for families, babies, and the elderly. Hipsters are still welcome. Shut-ins are encouraged to submit their cat pictures. Let's make the next 4 years a fun, furry adventure, guys! Cats!!!


No comments: