Send us an e-mail please: giantpengy@yahoo.com

Sunday, August 12, 2012

GEP Looks Back on the 2012 Summer Olympics


The 2012 Summer Olympics in London ended today, so I decided to take a look back on some of my favorite moments from this year's games.  It's been an amazing two weeks and, frankly, I'm sad to see it end, but I will cherish these great memories for the rest of my life.  Enjoy.






Yes, I will always remember the 2012 Summer Olympics as the Olympics during which I became aware of Croatian basketball player Antonija Misura.  What a superb athlete.  Oh, and that last picture is from the movie Alien, which I watched for the first time after growing bored with the opening ceremonies.

[For serious though, I thoroughly enjoyed this year's Olympics.  Per usual, I didn't get to see nearly the amount of indoor women's volleyball I wanted, though I did get to watch most of the US vs. South Korea game.  I enjoyed the gymnastics.  I was introduced to handball and totally got into it for an afternoon.  Oh, fencing was super cool, as was taekwondo.  And I lifted my lifetime ban on soccer-watching and watched most of the US vs. Japan women's gold medal game and that was pretty damn great.  Race walking, however, is still super lame.]



1 comment:

Gabe Sealey-Morris said...

What, not the shot of Ripley in her underwear?