Send us an e-mail please: giantpengy@yahoo.com

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Coming Soon: The Bay

Film: The Bay

Release Date: November 2, 2012



For those of you who thought the "found footage" genre had been officially laid to rest after the failure of Project X, Hollywood presents The Bay (and at least three other movies I didn't choose to write about in this feature).  

Film Plot (Based on my viewing of the trailer): Parasitic bugs descend upon a sleepy Maryland town via the water supply, turning its citizens into zombies, because no one is sick of zombies.  Right?

Favorite Trailer Moments:
1:14 - I'm not gonna lie: when that bug crawls out of that fish's mouth and into that fisherman's shirt sleeve, I jumped.

How It All Ends (Prolly): Everyone dies.  Government covers it up.  Parasitic bugs show up in some other American town with a bay.  The direct-to-video sequel comes out this time next year.

Theater, Video or No Thank You: I've grown pretty weary of found footage horror and zombie stories, but this trailer gets better as it goes along.  I'll probably watch this on Netflix Instant some day.


No comments: