Send us an e-mail please: giantpengy@yahoo.com

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Coming Soon: Sinister

Film: Sinister

Release Date: October 5, 2012


Well, hello there, Sinister.  You might just be the horror movie that gets me back into the ol' movie theater this Halloween season.

Film Plot (Based on my viewing of the trailer): Actor/published author, Ethan Hawke, takes a break from the Hollywood grind and moves his family into a charming suburban ranch-style house in order to pen his latest novel.  Instead of writing, however, he spends his days watching weird film strips in the attic.  These mysterious home movies unleash an evil creature who hates children, and all manner of scary shit ensues, including Ethan Hawkes' son crawling creepily out of a cardboard box (Yeah!  That happened! Go back and watch it again, man!).

Favorite Trailer Moments:
0:26 - "I'm going to write the best book that anybody's ever read."  You're going to write The Monster at the End of This Book?
2:16 - All those creepy kids watching movies in the attic?  That's the stuff of nightmares.

How It All Ends (Prolly): I don't know.  I don't think I want to know.  No spoilers please!!!

Theater, Video or No Thank You:  I may try to see this one in theaters.  Maybe my dad and I can make it one of our October Father/Son Movie Night choices.


No comments: