Send us an e-mail please: giantpengy@yahoo.com

Sunday, December 16, 2012

25 Days of Horrible Holiday Decorations: Day 16 - These Things


While researching this year's 25 Days of Horrible Holiday Decorations, I found myself again and again coming across what you see above.  Maybe I just have a sensitive stomach, but this nauseates me.  From what I can tell, the lower half of an angel has been hollowed out and three small figures - Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus - have been crammed inside where the guts used to be.  I'm pretty sure they showed something like this in one of the Saw movies, right?  Gross.

What could also be happening is that an angel is allowing the Nativity to occur underneath her angel robes, between her legs, right below her angel genitalia.  Nobody look up!  Wait, Baby Jesus is a baby and he's laying down.  He can't help but look up.  Oh no!  Angel, how could you be so uncouth?

Or this is just an intricately-carved Christmas tchotchke beloved by grandmothers everywhere and I'm being an asshole.  Either way, here are two more!




No comments: