Send us an e-mail please: giantpengy@yahoo.com

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Triumphant Return


We're back from Central Florida with memories both to cherish and blot out with large quantities of alcohol.  But as I'm still basically a dad zombie, I am ill-prepared to provide you, gentle reader, with any of my usual witticisms and/or humorous observations of pop culture.  I'm bone tired, temporarily drained of my sense of humor, and I've got a pretty intense sunburn going on my bald pate, so I hope you'll understand.  Did I have fun?  Of course I did.  Am I glad to be home?  So, so glad!  

I'll leave you with one of the best things I overheard while riding the monorail to Epcot.  A trio of girls in their early-20's got on at one of the resorts and chatted about a variety of hilarious things--they also complimented my daughter on her cuteness, so, I refuse to be completely brutal--but my favorite moment came as we turned a corner and Spaceship Earth ("giant golf ball" [Q's name for it]; "giant meatball" [some weird little boy]) came into view and one member of the group said:

"Is that the giant ball from Jurassic Park?"

We'll see you next week, folks!  

Oh, the rest of May will be devoted to Disney stuff.




No comments: