Send us an e-mail please: giantpengy@yahoo.com

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

25 Days of Christmassy Sh*t!

Dude, things totally suck right now.  The terrorist attacks in Paris.  The shootings at Planned Parenthood in Colorado.  Donald Trump's continued existence.  I mean, has there ever been a worse time to be alive and aware of your surroundings?  Sometimes I think it'd be preferable to simply enter into a comatose state and live the remainder of my life in a terror-, racism- and Trump-free dreamworld.  Yessir, a coma situation sounds mighty good to me right now.

But wait!  Hold on!  It's December, you say?  (Note: I am speaking to a calendar in the previous sentence, in case you were confused.  I haven't decided if it is a regular calendar made of paper and staples or one of those new robot calendars that can interact and experience human emotions and such.  I tried to get one of those on Black Friday, but it was a mob scene at my local Best Buy.  You wouldn't believe all the pushing and screaming.  And the tommy guns!  I should've been more clear.  It was a Dick Tracy-style mob scene.  This aside has really gotten away from me.)

It's December 1st: my wonderful wife's birthday and the beginning of the holiday season.  And I don't know about you, gentle reader, but I am an unapologetic lover of the holidays, both religious and secular.  There's nothing I like more than decorating a Christmas tree with my 4-year-old daughter, blasting carols at top volume on my car radio and staying up late on Christmas Eve in hopes of snapping that elusive picture of Santa and Baby Jesus sharing the plate of cookies we've left out for them.  (I'm going to get that picture this year, if it's the last thing I do!)

In an effort to take your mind off all the truly heinous garbage currently swirling around us, GEP is returning to the internet to distract you with holiday good times for the next 25 days.  I don't know what that means yet, but I do know we'll be here every day to help keep your mind on the Reason for the Season!  I hope you'll join us.  It's about to get real Christmassy up in here.

My daughter and I doing Christmas shit.


No comments: